Thursday, November 8, 2007

NEW START, PLUS AN OBSERVATION

I am back here at blogspot after starting here and then going to wordpress. My last post on wordpress tells why I am back here.

Just so this post is more than getting started anew, I will make a short statement. I am an avid fan of Dancing with the Stars. On the last episode Helio Canoveres (?) danced a Samba with his partner. Because he comes from Brazil and the Samba is a Brazilian dance he predicted he would do well on this one. Well he danced his competition routine with his partner and in my humble opinion did very well. After the dance the judges give comments on the performance. Len Goodman the chief judge went first. His comment was, "just because you come from Brazil does not necessarily guarantee that you can do the Samba, anymore than coming from Texas means you can be a good president". This sent the audience into an uproar. Not of disapproval, but of glee. The emcee said afterwords to Len, "well Len take heart you only offended 1/3 of the American public". (Or something like that.)

No comments: