Wednesday, December 24, 2008

MICHELLE

I got an email from Michelle Obama yesterday. That is no big deal! I was getting one from her or her husband, or other people in their campaign on a nearly daily basis. Since the election I get one closer to once a week. Informing me of what is going on in this transition period.

This letter was a little different. It principally was to wish me a blessed holiday season. But, it went on and reminded me that there will be many in America who will find it hard to have a happy holiday. Out of a job, no food on the table, maybe no place to sleep, She urged me to consider volunteering at a soup kitchen, or donating food for a food pantry, or contributing to the Salvation Army where so much good could be done. I get the impression that this was sincere, and that it gives some clue as to the direction our new administration is headed.

I don't know how this happens, unless maybe one of my conservative friends is playing a joke on me and submitted my name, anyway I got a snail mail letter from the RNC. It wasn't suggesting helping out anyone other than the RNC. They need money for the war chest for the 2012 campaign. I sent them a little note suggesting they take my name off their mailing list. The return envelope mentioned that if I added a stamp it would save the RNC the cost of the postage. What do you think I did?

No comments: